Saturday 11 June 2011

A Drunken Conversation with Miss De Carlo

I think Midnight Cowboy was one of the most underrated films of all time.

Mmmm. It was okay. I just don’t like the song.

What?! I love the music from that film.

...How does it go?...I’m a Rye Stone Cowboy.
???

I don’t know the words...I’m a Rye Stone Cowboy.

Are you thinking of the song Rhinestone Cowboy? Glenn Campbell? Like a Rhine Stone Cowboy, riding out on a horse in a star spangled rodeo?

That’s it! Rye Stone Cowboy
Rhinestone not Rye Stone.

Rhinestone? Is it? Is it really? I thought it was Rye Stone. I don’t like that song anyhow.

That song isn’t in Midnight Cowboy.

I liked the bit where his cowboy suit lights up.

???

...When he rides in on the horse and his suit lights up. Doesn’t he sing that then?

When does his suit light up? I’ve seen that film a dozen times. His suit doesn’t light up.

It does! He rides in on a horse singing Rhinestone Cowboy.

Who? John Voight?

Was he in it?
Yes John Voight and Dustin Hoffman.

I don’t remember Dustin Hoffman in it. Is he the one who rides in with the electric suit.

OH! You’re thinking of Electric Horseman. That’s a different film.

But Rhinestone Cowboy is in it.
In what?

In Midnight Cowboy.

No it is different. The music in Midnight Cowboy goes da da da da, da da da da…

So which film is Rhinestone Cowboy in?

It's not. Midnight Cowboy: film. Electric Horseman: different film. Rhinestone Cowboy: song that is not in either film. All three have nothing to do with each other. 

But you do this every time. You have a few on a Friday night and make us learn something. You are such  a teacher. Switch it off.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment